Sunday, March 5, 2017

On-Campus Daycation

(Left to Right) Jason, Nick, and Cristian
Sometimes in life we get so caught up in the humdrum of day-to-day activities that we forget to enjoy the small stuff. This past weekend was filled with nothing but leisure and carefree living and it was awesome. It made me remember that the small stuff is the best stuff. Lately I've been pretty stressed out due to my course load and new responsibilities in regards to ASG, but this weekend proved to be a moment of catharsis. On Friday night my buddy Jason got in from San Luis Obispo and we just hung out and played video games. The next day we got breakfast at Backyard Bowls on State Street and met up with my other friends Nick and Cristian. That day we did nothing but nothing, and it was awesome. We walked through CC and was asked to play kickball by some fellow first years on the West Campus grassy knoll and had an absolute blast. After that we made our way down to the beach and just soaked up the sun and good company for an hour. Later on we went back through CC and checked out the horticulture gardens and an awesome nature-y path that goes from the Main Campus down to Cliff Drive. In keeping with enjoying the day, I decided not to take any pictures except the one above. I've been slacking on the blogs lately, but I'm recharged and ready to go once again. Be excited.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."-Ferris Bueller

Stay Woke,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment