Monday, April 24, 2017

Campaign Season

Shoutout to Blogging Big Boss Melanie for taking this picture!
HELLO ALL,

IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME BUT I'M BACK. The last two weeks have been insane. Three research papers and an ongoing need to be campaigning has kept me absolutley exhausted. I've resulted back to drinking coffee on a consistent basis to ensure that I survive the weekdays. 

As for campaigning it has gone fantastic. As of now I have 51% of the popular vote which puts me ahead of the next candidate for VP of External Affairs who has 32% of the vote. Although I do have the early lead, my vigorous campaigning will not cease. Furthermore, my ticket/running mate Cristian Walk is in the most contentious race as of now where he is tied for 1st place at 40% of the popular vote. In regards to support on campus, Cristian and I have the support of the LGBT+ club, Feminist Club, Astronomy Club, Botany Club, Student's Sustainability Coalition, Earth Day Club, Economics Club, and Creative Writing Club.
Was it a good experience? Debatable.




Last week on April 20th I partook in the first SBCC candidates debate where I debated my two opponents and met them for the first time face-face. I was absolutely nervous, at a loss for words a lot of the time, but did enjoy my time. You can watch the debate here and see how I did for yourself. After the debate I was given the official win in the form of the Channel's formal endorsement in this editorial that states why me and my partner Cristian Walk should be endorsed. The whole experience aggregated up to this point has been super humbling and encouraging and I hope to secure that win Thursday night. 

I appreciate the support of everyone so far! Thank you so much! This week's quote is very important to me and comes from a former fellow Republican candidate.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream." —Barry Goldwater"

I have that written in my shower so that I'm reminded of it daily,
Matt


No comments:

Post a Comment